It’s Friday

Really for me Friday shouldn’t be a big deal but it is. I actually have really looked forward to today all week. Brian will have the weekend off, it has been a hectic week and I am looking forward to having him around during the day. He is a wonderful Father and there has been a few days this week that I felt bad for him that he had to go to work and leave us at home. Then on top of that he is taking 2 classes after work and then the other things that people ask him and I ask him to do. He works really hard and I hope he gets a bit of time this weekend for himself.

Yesterday I intended to blog but it really ended up being a busy day. I decided that it was a good day to go for a walk. I have been biting at the bit to use the new stroller we were given as well as my Nike + system. It is designed for running but I am not to that point yet. I do like the idea of tracking my walks, how far I walk and how long it takes me. Yesterday Adam and I went on a 2 hour and 20 minute walk. We walked 3.44 miles or 5.53 kilometers. Not to bad considering I had a c-section 2 weeks ago. I really thought I would regret it later on but I woke up this morning feeling fantastic. It was what I needed. I am tempted to go on another short walk today but I don’t think I will push my luck. I don’t have a pair of the Nike shoes yet but I am hoping to scrape up enough money to invest in a pair. The Nike system with my Ipod is just awesome. I love that on the website I can also challenge people in my neighbourhood to beat their times on routes they have determined. It makes it a bit of a game.

We also introduced Adam to one of my favourite spots. Crabby Joe’s. This use to be my hangout in highschool, and after baseball practice on Friday nights. It was where my husband and I had our first date dinner. It’s a place that I can go hang out with my friends and yet go hang out with my Dad as well. My Dad knows most of the staff by name, which may or may not be a good thing but I joined him yesterday for lunch along with some other family. It was very nice because that is where my Dad was hanging out while I was in labour waiting for the phone call that his grandson had arrived. All the staff knew he was waiting for this call so it was nice to show Adam off to them. Adam slept the entire time we were there. The only time he got fussy was when I went to put him in the car seat and leave.

Grand-dad teaching my son early the benefits of a good beer and peanuts.

Today I had a visit from a public health nurse. Everytime I thought I had breastfeeding mastered it seemed that I didn’t. I must say that this was a fantastic choice to give the health unit a call. She came and taught me what I was doing wrong, how to correct it and also discussed many programs in the city I didn’t know about. This visit was so valuable and I learned that breastfeeding doesn’t have to hurt. You just have to do it properly. I have another visit with her next week and I have homework to work on my feeding technique. I am feeling very optimistic about it again. There is nothing more beautiful than a baby feeding off their mother’s breast.

I shall leave you with a picture my Mom took last night. I love to rub my cheek and forehead on Adam’s face. It is so soft and it is calming to both of us. She took a picture of me doing it last night and it has to be my new favourite picture.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s