HAPPY NEW YEAR!
It’s 2014 and I feel as if this is going to be a big year for me both professionally and personally. Here is what I would like to accomplish or do in 2014.
- Complete 6 Continuing Education Courses
Last year in January I signed up for 1 course to see if I was really interested in going back to school. In December I looked back and realized I grabbed the opportunity and ran full speed as fast as I could. I ended up finishing 2013 with 4 courses completed and a 4.1 GPA. This year I would like to complete at least 6 courses maintaining a 4.0 GPA through the year.
Work towards a healthier lifestyle
- Brian and I both want to get healthier, that take a lot of time and work but together we think we can do it. We are starting a weekly boot camp in January and that is the first step towards being healthier and more active. I would like to lose around 20 lbs this year, however I think the main focus is to start eating better and being more active. If I focus on those I’m sure the weight will come off.
- Read 10 books
I already have 6 books sitting here on my desk waiting for me to dive into them so I am hoping this won’t be an issue this year.
- Go to the Beach
- Go to the Zoo
- Seriously look into different employment so I do not have to work another Christmas in Retail
The reason why I am taking continuing education courses is because I am personally done working in retail. The job has made me bitter and exhausted. This Christmas season was the worse and I really hated people, the consumerism and the whole thing. It is turning me into a person I do not want to be. I have said before that I wouldn’t work another Christmas in retail. Realistically I may have to work one more but I am really hoping that if I play my cards right and seek out some opportunities this can be my last Christmas in retail and I can begin to melt my stone heart and rekindle my love for the season.
- Go Fishing
- Play a Board Game
- Make S’mores
- Write one thing every day for my Happiness Jar – 365 good things to blog about at the end of the year
- Have more views on my blog then last year
- Take 5 Amazing Photos
- Have a family photo session with a professional photographer
- Finish 2010 Scrapbook
- Start and Finish 2011 Scrapbook
- Start and Finish 2012 Scrapbook
- Start and Finish 2013 Scrapbook
- Start and Finish 2014 Scrapbook
- Finish Adam’s First Year Scrapbook (October 2010-October 2011)
- Start and Finish Adam’s Second Year Scrapbook (October 2011-October 2012)
- Start and Finish Adam’s Third Year Scrapbook (October 2012-October 2013)
- Start and Finish Adam’s Fourth Year Scrapbook (October 2013-October 2014)
My list keeps getting longer so hopefully I can clear off some of these scrapbooks this year! Hopefully your list will bring you challenge and happiness as mine does to me.
Here is to 2014. Lets make this a fantastic year!