The end of the year is here and for the past month and a half I have been missing from this blog.
I finished the year with a large crash. It wasn’t necessarily a bad year but it was the year of failure. At the same time it was a year of success.
Is it possible to succeed and fail at the same time? What I know is that at the end of this year, I am mentally exhausted.
On the career front, things were a success. I was presented with many opportunities to spread my wings. I spent the beginning of the year preparing taxes and found myself working as a bookkeeper in the summer. I was able to finally quit my retail job and am focusing my efforts on what I have been studying for the past 3 years. I did a small soft launch of my business.
On the flip side of this, all of the opportunities created a situation where I was juggling 3 jobs at a time, working sometimes 6 days a week and it took its toll on me.
I also committed to myself to complete my bookkeeping certificate this year. I was on a roll until I started my Cost Accounting course. Also known as Managerial Accounting. This course was the hardest one I have ever taken.
This ended up being the last course I needed and I failed.
I am trying to remind myself that a fail just means First Attempt In Learning. Thankfully, I can continue to work and grow in the field I want to create my career out of and the next time around I will blow this course out of the water.
When it comes to the rest of my list that I set out at the beginning of the year, I failed at accomplishing pretty much everything on it.
My 2015 achievement list. See the original post here explaining things.
- Complete my Accounting or Bookkeeping Certificate – NOPE
- Hit the Gym 4 Times a Week – This was another one I abandoned for a few different reasons. I cancelled my gym membership way back in April. I wanted to continue and miss going but I just couldn’t make this a priority.
- Take Adam to LegoLand Discovery Center – Because I started a new position just as the summer began it was hard to break away for a day trip.
Read 10 Books– Somehow I managed to complete this! I tried to escape into books, I didn’t get around to blogging about them all but I am happy to say I did read quite a few good books, and learned quite a bit.
- Write 1 Thing a Day in my Happiness Jar – This again didn’t happen. I am thinking of a different approach to this idea and may reveal it early next year.
- Have 1,000 views on my blog in one Month – It’s hard to get readers when you don’t blog. I just didn’t have it in me to put the time into the blog.
Finish Disney Vacation ScrapbookI finished this on February 10th! Read about it here!
- Finish 2010 Scrapbook
- Start and Finish 2011 Scrapbook
- Start and Finish 2012 Scrapbook
- Start and Finish 2013 Scrapbook
- Start and Finish 2014 Scrapbook
- Start and Finish 2015 Scrapbook
- Finish Adam’s First Year Scrapbook (October 2010-October 2011)
- Start and Finish Adam’s Second Year Scrapbook (October 2011-October 2012)
- Start and Finish Adam’s Third Year Scrapbook (October 2012-October 2013)
- Start and Finish Adam’s Fourth Year Scrapbook (October 2013-October 2014)
- Start and Finish Adam’s Fifth Year Scrapbook (October 2014-October 2015) The scrapbook list just continues to get longer, one of these days I’ll manage to get caught up. I have been so bust that I have not been taking as many pictures as I usually do, as the years go by the scrapbooks should get easier. At least I hope!
This year has tested me mentally. It has been a year of ups and downs, but I feel as if having a year like this can may allow me to refocus and work on things that are important and put things into perspective.
I have my health and I have my family who have been wonderful and supportive of me this year.
I am sure there are some very deep life lessons that have been presented to me this year and I think some more reflection and time will make these lessons much clearer and will help me find success next year.